Thursday, June 9, 2016

BSHT Summer Home Tour

Summer has arrived in South Carolina and we've been busy enjoying the weather, we just got back from a week long beach trip! The twins were so much fun at the beach this year, they were old enough to enjoy the waves and sand and we spent our days outside. It was so much fun and we were sad to come home! But this week its Blogger Stylin Home Tours and its always so much fun to take part in these tours that Lindsay puts on. Make sure you check out her blog and start from there to see all the amazing tours, and if you are coming from Bright Green Door, welcome! 
I'm pretty minimal when it comes to styling (toddler twins make that a necessity ha) but its been fun to add more color around our house for summer. I shopped around the house for accessories and had a lucky home goods run where I scored some great throw blankets that coordinate with this vintage kantha quilt I've had for a while. Adding a throw across the sofa seat also helps with all the little toddler feet that like to run back and forth across the sofa like its a race track :-)

I'm also a more blankets for snuggling the better kind of girl.
 As you can see, I stay pretty neutral for most accessories so its easy to add in little fun pops as the seasons change. Upstairs I have shelves that are specifically for the styling items I've collected over the years so its fun to shop and see what I already have to change things up! The tobacco basket over the fireplace is one of my favorite items, and it was a score from a local flea market. 
I got the tassel keychain from Furbish a couple of years ago and its been living on my diaper bag but then I decided my lamp needed some jewelry!
My assistant looks cute but naps on the job. 
Driftwood piled on top of our floating console in the dining room nook adds some fun texture while still being light enough to not hurt anyone if little hands get a hold of them. Notice the vases are up on books so the aforementioned little hands can't get to them as easily :-) Also the two small frames are paintings my grandparents bought in Greece, they lived there for a while when my mom was growing up. They make me happy every time I look at them! 
I added some fun glass vases I had on top of my great grandmothers secretary I painted chartreuse to tie in with the green in the other room and love the pop it adds! The two sea glass green vases are vintage ones that we found buried in the back of our cabinets in our old kitchen and I matched our current front door to them. Its my fav color eva. 
The best summer decor is fresh greenery, agree? I like to keep things really simple in the kitchen since I have such a statement in the floors, I like to let those shine!
Its a good thing you can't see our backyard through the windows because holy weeds batman. 
Since this is a real life home tour I didn't even take out the high chairs, I did clean the food off the floor though. You're welcome. 
Thanks so much for hanging out with me today! That concludes the bloggers for today but tomorrow morning make sure you start out at Craftberry Bush- Lucy is a talented artist and blogger and I know its going to be good. Head to Lindsay's blog to see all the tours for the whole week! 

10 comments:

  1. Everything looks fabulous!! And I am loving that kitchen floor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always love visiting your home for these tours- it's a happy cozy space and a great blend of modern and rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That floor. Oh my gosh. It's gorgeous!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your tiles in the kitchen/dining area are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So love your floor. I'm trying to talk hubby into painting our bottom cabinets black...love it so...xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Excellentathome.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...