Friday, April 22, 2016

Work and Play / Spring BSHT 2016

The Blogger Stylin Home Tours hosted by my good friend Lindsay of The White Buffalo Styling Co are always some of my favorite weeks of the year and this Work and Play edition is no different. 29 bloggers are opening their homes showing where they Work and Play, and its been some amazing spaces. All the weeks links are over at The White Buffalo.  If you are coming over from Style Mutt Home, welcome! Cate and Chelsea are so talented and I loved Chelsea's dining room she shared. I love following along all their projects! 

For those of you that are new to A Creative Day, I'm Eileen, a wife and mama to twin girls. An architecture graduate, I worked in interior design before our girls were born and since then we have renovated two houses and moved to our favorite city, Greenville SC. Our home now is our dream house and we are loving renovating it, squeezing the most out of every naptime and after the twins go to bed. 
Play time is taken very seriously around here, as you can imagine it would be with twin toddlers. I thought I would share the two spaces we spend the most time in, the twins room and the playroom. We just finished the playroom a few months ago, (see here), but each space in this house changes faster then the twins do. 

 We recently added a fun kidkraft kitchen and more pillows and blankets in this room, we all spend so much time in this room lounging on the floor so the pillows are a must. The unicorn head is from the pillowfort line at target and one of my favorite things! 
The gold patio string lights were an easy DIY with standard lights from Target and some gold spray paint. 
The twins still LOVE this little hideaway spot that I made with a simple fabric curtain and a tension rod. They hide back there all the time and pop out, PEEKABOO! 
I'm loving that this space can grow with the girls. Eventually I'm planning on replacing the teepee with a sleeper sofa for movie nights and popcorn.
The other space that we hang out in every day is the twins bedroom. I loved this space when we first moved in because of all the storage of those built-ins! When you are trying to fit two cribs in a small bedroom, storage is key. I painted the built-ins a fun mint to add some interest and painted the wood paneled walls white (see before pictures here, and progress pictures here). 
At first we had a rocking glider in here but then we didn't need the rocker in here any more (tear! Babies grow too fast) so Luke made this little play table from a premade top and a few 2x2's from Home Depot. The baby eames chairs are from Hobby Lobby!

One of my favorite things about this house was all the rustic shiplap looking wood paneling and fun built-ins. 
And all the windows and natural light :-)

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today! Make sure you head over to Style Your Senses, Mallory knocks everything out of the park so you know its going to be good!  

And make sure to check out all the weeks links here!

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. eileen, your home is so pretty and cheerful! what a great space for your girls to grow and play in... adorable! love those walls and built-ins, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie thanks so much! you sure know how to make a girl feel good :-)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful playroom! That little hideaway spot is genius, my girls would still love that and they are 5 and 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer thanks so much! Its such a fun little detail- I hope they love playing in it for a long time :-)

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous spaces! Loving the mix of wood and painted pieces. I want a "my sized" hideaway like that. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinna- thanks so much!! I loved how colorful your space was from the tour- gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. I miss my twins being that age. Time passes in the blink of an eye.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mint bookshelves get me every time! Oh, and the girls' pigtails! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I love these spaces so much!!!! So lovely. I love the tweaks on the playroom :) Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE everything about this! Every time I see the twins room I just want to run out and paint something in that same mint color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Droni
    droni droni
    drone drone
    droni professionali droni professionali
    drone drone
    drones for sale drones for sale
    drones drones or
    drones drones
    Stampa 3d
    stampa 3d stampa 3d
    stampante 3d stampante 3d
    zortrax zortrax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...