Tuesday, April 5, 2016

TALK Magazine Feature

If you follow me on instagram (acreativedayblog) you might have seen that last night I posted a peek of my feature in the latest TALK Magazine (pinch me). TALK is a local Greenville magazine that has a great readership in the community with lots of fun local features. It was so fun welcoming them into our home and I thought I would share a little more about the feature and behind the scenes. 
First off the feature wouldn't have happened without my blogging turned real life friend Lindsay who got me in touch with the magazine. She's the best. If you aren't reading her blog you need to be. She's one of my all time favorites and her genuineness just pours out through her writing, not to mention her design style is killer and she is renovating an amazing house that they have transformed from a 750 sq foot to 1500 sq foot dream bungalow. 

TALK contacted me and we set up a date to shoot last October. We bought our house last spring and it was mid September when we first talked which is important to note because at this point our kitchen was only 80% done, we had lots of trim work to complete including building a custom hood, finishing painting and installing the rest of the molding. Our upstairs was filled to the ceiling with boxes and our living room was far from picture ready. YIKES. For the next month and half Luke and I worked during every nap and after bedtime for the twins. Oh yeah and we had 14 month twins at this point who were just learning to walk and we needed to babyproof the house as well. It was a crazy time but when the day of the shoot came I was so happy we did it. It made me have a goal and finish so that now I can just enjoy the house, which is new for me considering we finished our last house's renovation 2 weeks before we moved. 

If you want to see all renovation posts with lots of before and afters they are linked here. House tour when we first bought the house click here

The article about the house turned out so well. Its a 12 page article with lots of pictures and fun details about our favorite pieces in the house, including the kitchen table which Luke made for me as my wedding present and my great grandmother's secretary I painted chartreuse. I loved that they included all those special details. 

TALK loved our kitchen floor (I do too!) and they ended up doing another article in the same issue focusing on the DIY of our kitchen floor as well as other patterned tile options so make sure you check that out as well! It has my DIY tips for laying your own tile. 

When you renovate a house its so easy to only focus on what else needs to be done and forget how much you have already accomplished. It was great for me to go over the renovations with the magazine so I could really think back on how much we had already gotten done and be grateful for that instead of the never ending to do list. Any other renovators feel the same way? 

If you are local make sure you pick up a copy of the April issue, but if you aren't then here is the link to the online copy of the issue. The tile feature is on page 100 and the house feature starts on page 105. More details and pictures can be found in the online article linked here

Thanks again to TALK, Dorothy and Patrick Cox the talented photographer and to Lindsay. You guys are the best and I'm grateful to you! 

xoxo

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...