Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Introducing Wren and her nursery

Our newest girl arrived mid September and we are all in major love with her. The twins are obsessed with "my baby" as they call her and are constantly checking where she is and if she is happy and if she is crying they say "you ok baby Wren you ok! I'm here! Your mommy is here". Its pretty much the cutest ever. And her birth and the past month couldn't have looked different then the experience with the twins. No two month NICU stay, she latched like a champ and CAME HOME with me from the hospital. Its been so healing for our whole family to have this experience and we are so grateful for God's goodness to us. The NICU was so hard but I know I wouldn't appreciate Wren's birth the way I do if we hadn't gone through what we did. I am grateful for that perspective and even more aware of the miracle that our twins are. God is so good. 

Designing her nursery was also a healing experience for me. With the twins being born so early (31 weeks) I didn't get to finish (or really start) their nursery before they were born and then it had to come together very quickly amid reno dust and decisions that were made in the haze of the NICU. With Wren's nursery, I got to really think through and plan and finish it before she was born. The twins and I would just hang out in her room this summer and enjoy it.

Wren's nursery is the twins old nursery and I wanted to keep the paint colors and also make it special for her. So we did paint the baseboard and add a few trim details but the rest of the paint stayed the same and the rug stayed too.The rocker is Sam Moore and I bought it when I was pregnant with the twins. (See how it looked for the twins nursery here).  Even with leaving all the main elements the same I really think the room feels completely different! 
We painted one of the twins cribs a happy yellow and added this PERFECT rug from RugsUSA. It was so affordable too, only around $140 for a 5x8 during one of their sales. The mobile is from Pottery Barn teen and is such a fun statement. 
Other then that it was just adding accessories like the pink pouf I got at Nordstrom Rack for around $50 and the brass floor lamp from Target. We switched out the ginormous fan for a rattan fixture from Ikea and I added some new art like the moon from Hobby Lobby with the saying "love you to the moon and back" which we have always told our girls. 

Luke added some trim to the built-in doors and it just makes them feel more finished. The built ins hold the twins toys so they can play while I nurse. 
We reused the twins campaign dresser as a changing table and the mirror is my grandmothers that she gave to my mom and I stole from my mom. My grandparents got it in Indonesia when they lived there. I painted it a fun pink and its such a statement. 

I love the way it turned out and Luke loved that he didn't have to repaint. Its been a wild ride figuring out this family of 5 (!!!) thing and one day we will get to the store and actually remember the diaper bag for Wren and the waters and snacks for the twins. Baby steps. 

3 comments:

  1. Good update! I love how you've designed this nursery! You can tell that so much love and creativity went into making it special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery is si cute! Congrats on your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also looking at various sites and examining a lot of reviews to help me. best pocket spring mattress is the best option for comfortably sleeping at home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...