Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The twins big girl room REVEAL / before and after

Well its finally here, the twins big girl room reveal! Only about 4 months after it was finished but still. We started planning and redoing this room late last fall knowing that we would probably be adding a baby this year and now here we are, 5 months pregnant with baby number 3 and so grateful we tackled this project before I was pregnant! 

BEFORE:

This room started off as our junk/ guest room. You know, the throw everything in and close the door room. But we knew that long term it would be the twins room because it is right off their playroom/bathroom. (See that before and after here!) The room has some fun character like built-ins and a few nooks and I was excited to tackle it. 
We had a few things to do structural wise before we could get to the fun stuff like moving an air vent (you can see it above) so it wouldn't be under one of the beds and ripping out some built-ins that needed to be a closet. You can see the built-ins in the first before photo and Luke's favorite part demo happening below. 
Since the girls will be sharing this room I really wanted them to eventually have their own closets so the side by side closets we added worked perfectly. 
Luke and his dad built some custom doors for the closets and I LOVE the finished result! I found the leather pulls at Hobby Lobby and the sconce is Urban Outfitters. 
There was also this little weird kinda bookshelf but too narrow for almost all books shelf in one corner so we changed it into a book rack and its one of my favorite details in this space!
After:

Ahh the wallpaper, another favorite detail! I knew I wanted the space to be a special space for little girls to grow up in and this spoonflower wallpaper was perfect- the little faces on the flowers are so sweet. It also plays perfectly with the peach and green theme. I was struggling to find a perfect peach for the walls and my friend Lindsay  suggested maybe using the same peach that I had painted as an accent stripe in the adjoining playroom and I loved that idea! I ended up cutting the strength by 50% since peach can be overwhelming and the final color is perfect. Its 50% peach nectar by Benjamin Moore and the green is Great Barrington Green by Benjamin Moore. 
 
You like the christmas presents on the shelves? I took the before photos mid December ha. 
My grandmother gifted me some jenny lind beds that I slept on as a little girl in her house and its so special my girls get to use them now! She also had the sweet white bedding and I added a throw from TJ Maxx, pillowfort sheets from Target, and the buffalo check duvet and pillow are Ikea. The yellow velvet pillow and down insert are from Amazon and the quality is amazing for the price! The sconces are Urban Outfitters and the tables are CB2. I got the floral garland from the dollar section at Target and the silhouettes were my Christmas present from Dapper and Darling and I highly recommend them! 


The flush mount fixtures are such a fun pop of yellow, they are these really affordable Pottery Barn Kids ones that I spray painted! 
We did simple roll shades on the windows for now. We were going to put in plantation shutters and eventually we still will but the twins like to hang on the plantation shutters downstairs and I didn't want them to rip them off the windows, so we decided to wait until they are a little older before we invest in them. Same goes for hardwood floors, they are on the long term plan but the carpet is great for now. 

All the items on the built-ins where chosen for their non break-ability since we have active little climbers! 
So that's it! I'm so grateful to have this room finished and the twins love it. Now we start on baby girl number 3's nursery- which hopefully I will have finished and blogged before she is a year old. Goals. Let me know any questions you have in the comments and I'll try my best to answer! 

1 comment:

  1. The room is legit giving me interior goals. I love how you have put your heart and soul into this job and it really does pay off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...