Thursday, November 10, 2016

One Room Challenge REVEAL / the laundry room

Reveal day is here! Redoing our laundry room for the One Room Challenge has been such a fun experience for me. Its been great to have the push to finally finish the room and the accountability that we only had 6 short weeks! If you are just catching up, this post has the introduction to the space and before photos, this post has the design plan,  this post has sheetrock and paint up, this post has details on the DIY shelves and lighting, and this post has our DIY dutch door and electical panel cover. And now that everyone is caught up, lets get to the reveal!
I am so grateful for my sweet and talented friend Sophie Brendle Photography who captured this space for me. What would us bloggers do without talented photographers? It seriously takes a village. 



We've come a long way, do you remember these befores? See more before photos here. I never thought I would be so excited to see 4 walls. #adulting


The DIY Dutch door turned out so well and now because the laundry room is so pretty I leave the top open most of the time. An added benefit is that I notice more that my laundry is ready to move over so I actually might finish laundry before dinner some days. Maybe not but its still pretty to look at now. It also is the best place to put up our golden retriever when people come over. More details on the dutch door here. I painted it Benjamin Moore onyx to match the other doors in the house. 
The walls in the laundry room are Benjamin Moore Brewster Grey. I hung two of these ikea rails on the wall to hang out clothes that don't need to go in the dryer (and have already used them a lot) with two vintage ship paintings above. The Ikea rails were $10 a piece verses the $25 a piece for the original towels bars I was looking at. Our DIY pantry shelves are next to the rails and I'm so excited to actually have a space for all my food so its not shoved in the upper cabinets in the kitchen! 

On the other side of the room live the washer and dryer with an Ikea butcher block counter-top (last year when we bought our kitchen counter-tops we bought an extra 6' length knowing we would do the laundry room eventually). The plug in sconces are so pretty for $30 a piece (details here) and the DIY electrical panel is one of my favorite things in the space! And we hung the butcher block higher than it needed to be over our washer and dryer as the new washers are typically taller then the ones we have and we didn't want to have to redo the butcher block when ours need to be replaced.


I put a couple of glass vases on top of the butcher block to hold laundry essentials and to catch the lint that I inevitably clean and then let sit in a pile on top of the dryer until it annoys me. 
I really love everything about this room, it was so fun to have a vision and bring it fully to completion in 6 weeks. I'll be back next week with a budget breakdown and source list for the space, (hint: we spent less than $1000 to do this entire room including finishing the walls, lighting, shelving, countertops and every trim piece and accessory). 

Thanks so much to Linda for hosting and make sure you check out all the other room reveals over at One Room Challenge, there are so many good ones!
xoxo

37 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Incredible use of that small space. The coors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! I love the ambiance the sconces add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The Dutch Door was so smart! I am still obsessed with your floors. Nice job getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with it all!! *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love it. So cozy. I love all the little touches and the art. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! the floors are awesome, and you have a knack for picking the right colors- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks incredible! I love the warm feel of it with the tiles and paint color! The door is SO awesome, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! The door is my favorite thing I think :-)

      Delete
  8. This is one room I've been dying to see on reveal day!! Yes, yes, yes - you had me at the tile, but oh my! Dutch Door for the win!! Excellent job creating a dream space to do laundry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Its such a fun room now I love it so much :-)

      Delete
  9. What an amazing laundry room! I love the colors!! I can't wait to read more of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! This is the cutest little laundry room, but if I was a betting woman it might also double as a fort for some cute little twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! They are already obsessed with the door its so cute :-)

      Delete
  11. WOW!!! This is just incredible! I love your style and the way this space turned out! Laundry room goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it!!!
    The wall colour, the floor tiles... Amazing!
    I wish I could have a laundry at home... Your laundry makes me dream!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the Dutch door to the electrical panel, every detail is so well-considered and stylish - I love it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this space! Especially the door, electrical panel, and sconces. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty laundry room! The details are so pretty! And that wall color with that floor!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous room. I love the floor tile, the dutch door, the oval portrait and the ship paintings. If I had a laundry room like that, I'd actually enjoy doing housework! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And it definitely helps me feel better about laundry :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...