Friday, September 30, 2016

Fall Home Tour for BSHT

I'm excited to be sharing our fall home tour today as part of Lindsay's Blogger Stylin Home Tours. Lindsay is one of my real life besties and everything she puts together is inspiring and so much fun to be a part of. If you are coming over from Thoughts from Alice, welcome! 

Just in case you are new, I'm Eileen and I live in Greenville, SC with my husband, twin girls and golden retriever. We've lived in our home for about a year and a half now and love it. Its a 1940's cottage that had a farmhouse renovation somewhere down the line so now its a farmhouse/ cottage hybrid and we have slowly been stripping away and renovating to bring it back to its simple clean lined roots. Its been a fun renovation and you can see a lot of before and afters and details here

If you have been following along the renovation you remember this post about our front porch plans and DIY plans to build a porch bed swing that would fit a twin mattress and then the finished bed swing post here. This space is divine now that the weather is cooling down, and curling up on the swing with a glass of wine is my kind of heaven. We are building and selling bed swings now, so check out this post for information


I scored some $3 mums and some white pumpkins at Home Depot and added this metal basket in black from Gordmans. I found this white chair from Home Depot in their end of summer sale and love how it fills the space. 


Now come inside! I had fun pulling together this fall tour- I was already doing a little revamp of my living room pulling in some rich burnt orange and mustard to layer with all my neutrals so even though I didn't buy very much specifically for the tour in this room my house definitely feels very fall right now and I love it. 
One of the things that sold me on this house was the high ceilings and wood paneling that added such a farmhouse vibe. The paneling was all painted brown when we moved in so we lightened everything up and layered in lots of life. With the neutral base I've been wanting to add some warmth. I found that brown pillow at Target on clearance and the velvet burnt orange pillows were a home goods score and perfect to snuggle up with a watch a movie. 
The books on the bookshelf were my great grandmothers collection and I love having a sense of family history every time I look at them.
 The chandelier and rug are both west elm and some of my favorite elements in the space. 
In the kitchen I had fun with a floral centerpiece that includes every bloggers best friend eucalyptus and some .99 cent pumpkins from trader joes. The dining table was a gift from my husband who built it for me for our wedding and the frames above are filled with local artist and friend Marquin's gorgeous prints. Before and after of the kitchen post here, we took this room down to a hole to the dirt below and then built it back up.  
The candlesticks were a sale Anthropologie find and the striped runner is from Gordmans.
The blue and white vintage plates are a favorite recent addition and the glass flour and oat jars and salt and pepper shakers are from Gordmans. I still love this kitchen as much as I did a year ago when we finished it and I love looking back at the original kitchen reveal and seeing how more layered the space is now. I like to layer over time as I find special things, like the blue plates!   
Trader Joes really is the best isn't it? I mean .99 cent pumpkins, you can't beat it! Even though the twins have been trying to eat these since I bought them. 
And yes I still love my tile and you seriously can't beat the price! 
In our bedroom I added this vintage kantha quilt that I've had for a few years over the headboard to add some warmth and coziness. Sidenote: this kantha has lived in almost every room in our house at some point. Amber Interiors always seems to layer kanthas over her headboards so if she says its cool I believe her.

Its always so interesting to me to see the progression of my house as I've taken part in these tours, for example check out my Summer tour, Spring tour and Christmas tour. I think my favorite one is the Thanksgiving table tour, (check it out last year's here) and I'm already scheming up a new one for this year! I normally have a small budget refresh our home for the seasons and its fun for me to buy a few things and try to 'shop' my house and move different items around. 


So thats it on the home tour so make sure you head over to A Designer At Home for the next stop of the Blogger Stylin Home Tours! I hope you enjoyed! Thanks so much to Lindsay for hosting and make sure you head back to her blog to catch up on all the bloggers who took part. 

Happy Fall! 

8 comments:

  1. oooh i love your home more every time i see it! the kitchen is always a highlight, and i love the orange touches you added throughout your home... but what got me this time was that bedroom!!!!! WOW! i love love love the kantha over the headboard- it's perfect with those dark walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie you are the sweetest!! Thanks so much- and I LOVED your porch in your tour! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So pretty Eileen! You have such a beautiful and cozy home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, I love your cozy home so much. To me, it just screams cozy and fall with the plank walls and rock fireplace. You know how I love that! I seriously want to just build a house inspired by yours :) And this is my favorite version of your bedroom yet! Love that kantha up over the headboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creative and cozy home! Do you have a link to where you bought your sofa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the quilt on your headboard and the light from West Elm is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...