Thursday, December 3, 2015

Our Christmas Home Tour / BSHT

As I'm working on this post, I am curled up by the tree and fireplace, Christmas music is playing and both the twins are napping (hooray!). This cozy time of year is the most fun and I'm so excited to experience this season with the twins. They are old enough now to get excited about the lights on the tree and all the ornaments ( I have a great tip for you parents who can't put any breakable ornaments within reach of little hands, so make sure you look out for it later in the post). I have already wrapped a lot of presents and plan on baking up some Christmas treats later this week. Welcome to the most wonderful time of the year! 
I'm excited to join in with Lindsay of The White Buffalo Stylin Co for her Blogger Stylin' Home Tours/ Christmas Edition. This week is filled with incredible tours by talented bloggers and I'm honored to be a part. If you are coming over from Dwellings by DeVore, welcome! Wasn't Bethany's tour gorgeous?
This year is our first Christmas in our new house and I was so excited to be able to decorate, I've been thinking about what I wanted to do since October. But I restrained myself from doing anything until the week of Thanksgiving, which was hard! We have a big front porch on a cottage style house so I knew I wanted to pull in a lot of traditional elements with lots of greenery, plaid and burlap. I found this fun monogram wreath and the perfect plaid ribbon to attach it and the wreaths in all the windows. Rowan (our golden) was so excited and stayed outside with us the whole time we were working so I had to get her sweet face in a picture. 


Our tree is pretty personal and traditional. Most of our ornaments have a story behind them, from ornaments that were mine when I was little, to an ornament we bought on our honeymoon, and now the twins have started a collection. Its so fun to see all the memories behind each one. 
 Target had the cutest pom pom garland in the dollar section which I snatched up. We had an issue this year with little hands grabbing at all the glass ornaments they could find so we moved them up higher and were left with a big hole on the bottom of the tree. At Target I bought some sets of paper gift tags (the deer and the merry and bright) and used them as ornaments on the bottom of the tree.The twins can grab but I'm not worried if they rip one off. Win win.  
My favorite nativity set is an olive wood one that my dear friends brought back for me from Israel. We love having it out so we can talk with the twins about the real reason of Christmas.  


I've never had an open staircase like this and I love having the stockings hung here. Cypress garland is my new favorite as well. 

I kept things simple in the kitchen with a $6 wreath from Trader Joes and fresh apples out on the counter. 
Oh and isn't hot chocolate even more fun with whipped cream and donuts on straws? 

Our antelope head looks pretty happy with a Merry Christmas banner hanging on its antlers doesn't it?
Thanks so much for stopping by to see our Christmas tour! December is such a magical month and I'm grateful to be in our new home and settled this year to enjoy the season. Make sure to head over to my sweet friend Amber at Restless Arrow, she is so talented and her tour is gorgeous. For all the tours check out Lindsay's blog at The White Buffalo Stylin Co

24 comments:

  1. So so pretty! I adore your fireplace area it's so cozy and stylish. Love your kitchen so much too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I love curling up in front of the fire!

      Delete
  2. straws and donuts- yes please! loved this tour- your mantle is beautiful, and i love that dark bedroom and the festive touches in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, I just love it! And your porch!!! And those adorable donuts on straws?!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber!! I had to stop myself from eating all the donuts :-)

      Delete
  4. Your staircase all ready for Christmas is so PRETTY! Such a pretty home you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen, I am so in love with your living room!!! The plank walls and that rock fireplace are the stuff of dreams. And I love all of your beautiful and personal Christmas touches!!!! So happy to have you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your home! I can't help but notice the butcher block counters in the kitchen. How do you like them? I'm debating about putting them in our kitchen!

    amandakatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them! We sealed them with Howards Butcher Block conditioner and I love the finish but we are still working on protecting them from water spots. They do sand right out but still. I love the look though and wouldn't change anything!

      Delete
  7. I think the cypress garland might be my favorite thing ever, and it looks so great on your staircase! Is it fresh, or did you find a fantastic faux version somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer thanks so much!! That is so sweet. I found the garland at Home Depot and its fresh. So far it is holding up great but I do spritz it with water every day or so to help!

      Delete
  8. Oh man, I LOVE your house!! Everything! The white planks, wood, YOUR KITCHEN! And everything looks so pretty decorated for Christmas!! I could just move right in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the antelope + banner. Such a fun tour. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up here, but your home is basically my dream house!! I love all of the festive furniture detailing and styling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the drawer fronts of your bedside tables! Is that a cut design, or painted on, or what? I'm looking to update some old chest of drawers and your drawer fronts are inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are cut designs from http://www.myoverlays.com/. I love them!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful home! May I ask where you got the white/gold lights in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful home! May I ask where you got the white/gold lights in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...