Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My house / renovation update

I'm so grateful for how much work has already gone into our house and focusing on what has already happened. Our bathroom really is almost done. Considering where we started... this is huge! The custom vanity is gorgeous and I love the hardware I chose. I decided to do a wall to wall mirror and mount the Visual Comfort sconces in the mirror to make the bathroom feel bigger.

 The granite was a piece we already had so I just had to get it cut down. Its not what I would have chosen but it was free and I do like all the black and grey in it. The tile is being installed this week and its my favorite thing! Be still my heart, the 3" hexagon carrara marble tile is my favorite design aspect in the room and I can't wait to see it installed. 
Now that we are almost done in here, we are focusing on our master custom closets and everything in our room is going this gorgeous blue/grey including the closets with gold hardware.
In the back of the house the twins hallway has gotten framed in. You used to enter the middle guest bedroom through the back bedroom which was awkward so we are putting in a short hallway. 
 So the twins bedroom will be to the right and the guest bedroom to the left. Its so exciting to see it coming together, esp after living with giant holes in my walls for a couple of weeks from where the door was moved. PROGRESS people. I just need to keep telling myself that when I feel like sheetrock dust is never going to leave our house :-)

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...